never sell your car to a friend!

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:48:24 -0400 "psycho 16v" <vwscir88@hotmail.com>
writes:
> why you ask? you never hear the end of it and always end up fixing or
>
> helping fix whatever has gone wrong with it recently! as you know, i
> sold
> the $200 rocco to my friend alex, and in the last 2 weeks i/we have
> ended up
> replacing the suspension, both tie rods, both ball joints, the
> alternator,
> and some other small problems the car decided to have since i sold
> it. now
> it has a fan that won't shut off. i sold this car so i would have
> more time
> to work on my current project, the psycho 16v, but it seems like i
> spend
> more time working on it now then when i owned it. this is why you
> never sell your car to a friend!

Dude, you are a sucker. havent you ever heard the term "AS IS"? Its nice
that you helped the guy out but you should of been clear when you sold
the car about your role as the seller. Its pretty simple really and you
protect yourself as well as let the buyer know exactly where you stand
with the responsability of whatever might happen to the car. You done it
to yourself man. Chalk it up as life experience. (+ mechanical experience
too!)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.