Offer on my car

--- Warren Price <wprice@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately someone has made an offer on my 88 16V.  I
> have two
> questions...  One, he would like me to put the car on a
> "scope".  Has anyone
> done this?  Can someplace like Goodyear do it?  Is it
> helpful?  He will pay
> to have this done, but I will need a print out.

I'm not exactly sure what they mean.  It's an "old" car so
you can't just plug it into a computer and have it tell you
what's wrong, OBD-II style.

> Second question.  He is offering $2800.  I paid $3500 a
> year ago.  I am not
> too worried about getting my total investment out of it.

Don't be - it's not likely you'd be getting what you paid
for a used car in most cases.  $2800 seems pretty good for
the car.

> This would be the guys first Scirocco and his first car.

Accept the offer under one condition - he joins the list.
:) (It'll save him money in the long run)  Also, point him
in the right direction for fixing the flexpipe - dealer
wants $1k for it.  TT repair kit is in the neighborhood of
$150 I think.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams