OT :Mr Murphy

What's amazing is your laughing at that whole situation.  I'd have been
boiling over, swearing enough to embarass a sailor.  At least I've
stopped throwing things.

Geez maybe I'd better lighten up?  Life *is* short...

Yer wonderful, Cath.

Ron

--- Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
> I thought as usual you'd like one of my little stories for bedtime.
> Mr Murphy
> came to see me again today.
>
> So I'm under the car for day #3 it seems, and getting all ready to
> swap  the
> switch from the bottom of the rad. I did this the day before, so had
> everything ready, a greenhouse tray to catch the drips, new switch on
> my
> belly, light well away from the flood zone, tools and general crap
> out from
> under the car, which is on a good solid stand, and so on. A well
> rehearsed
> routine, so to speak. I carefully get as far as I can from the drip
> line, at
> arm's length, and pull out the old switch, and just ready to put the
> new one
> in, and the friggin coolant runs a foot and a half (at least) along
> the frame
> and directly into both eyes (and nowhere else except the main stream,
> which
> goes where it was expected,into the tray) So I screw the switch in to
> stop up
> the hole, both eyes closed with a pool of coolant in each, crawl out
> and
> stagger around, tripping over various tools, and of course the kid's
> interior
> is strewn all over the garage, seats and door cards, and a bunch of
> speaker
> boxes, and his car is in there too, jacks, tools, the dog  (I'm
> laughing and
> going thump, bump into stuff, and I wasn't even drinking, honest!)
> Eventually
> I feel the sun on my face and head for the hose, which is full of
> "pleasantly"
> warm water, youch!
>
> I truly believe this car has it in for me. That's the blunder of the
> day, so
> wear that scuba gear of you plan on dumping coolant kids! Don't I get
> into the
> stupidest messes?
> Cathy

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.