CIS-E vs. CIS-Motronic

Motronic is what the 2.0 9A 16V's came with right?  Is
it not EFI instead of mechanical/electrical fuel
injection, no plate to meter the fuel, instead a mass
air flow sensor.  For high rpm power and for engines
with many mods, port and polish/cams, I think motronic
would be more advantages in these situations and for
the fact that it is chipable.

Robert Piwonka

Quoting Allyn <amalventano1@comcast.net>:

> spend the cash on cis-tuning stuff (fuel wise). a
properly tuned cis setup
> will be nearly as good.
> the big problem with cis is the fact that it does de-
tune after a while.
> Al

(time&money) vs. benefit
> is
> > between the two systems. If I am not going to see a
difference between it
> > and CIS-E and it's just a "I'm cool since I'm
running a Motronic system"
> > thing then I don't see it being worth the headache.
> >
> > -Raffi
> >
> > At 09:15 AM 7/12/02 -0400, you wrote:
> > >CIS-Motronic is like CIS-E, but with add-ons has
some sort of Adaptive
> > >Circuitry in the brain box.  Compensates for wear-
and-tear, adverse
> > >conditions, stuff like that.  It also has a fault
memory for
> troubleshooting.
> > >
> > >Dan

verses the other?