Knock sensor

Well my miswiring did indeed take out my knock sensor. My FLAPS can order
this for $62.75. Any used ones out there or someone know a better deal? I've
checked our normal Scirocco sources and no one lists it online.

Next, I've never heard the engine ping probably because of the loud exhaust
and running with the windows down, or my hearing is just that bad. Besides
hearing it are there other indications of pre-detonation occurring?