Still no fan on the SNEPITA

Well, I still can't seem to get the fan to run. This is on the Silver Nev=
er
Ending Pain In The Ass, which is a 1987 16V with a 2L/1.8 head. I love th=
at
car.

So maybe the fan doesn't ever need to run?

Seriously, I replaced the oil temp sensor recently, and this new one is
reading at 120 once the car warms up, which is 20 degrees more than the
previous one.  It will go up to at least 130 when sitting, which is not
normal, at least with the old sensor. I'm too chicken to let it get hotte=
r.

Water temp guage sits just above the light. No spewing fluid or anything =
like
that.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the fan should be on when I pop the hood and the =
car
is running that warm, but I haven't seen it run since this all started. I=
also fails to after run, and it may be it just isn't hot enough, and I gu=
ess
this may be yet another issue. I'm pretty sure it SHOULD be running while=
 the
car is idling and hot.

So to recap what I posted previously:

Rad gets hot, maybe not very uniform though, is hotter in the top corner =
where
coolant enters it, but I'd suspect this is normal, it should get cooler a=
s it
moves through.

12V to the fan

Fan runs when jumpered, seems normal, both speeds work

Fuse  okay

New today, a new thermoswitch (dealer version, which may also be higher t=
emp
than the one I removed; it was less than a year old)

 So am I just not getting it hot enough to see the fan come on? It sure w=
orked
on the way to Cincy (heh, chop, chop), and ran at 100 that whole trip, bu=
t it
may have been cooler outside.

Maybe I'm just getting a false high read from the oil temp sensor? =

I don't want to drive it if it is too hot, but if it's just the sensor I'=
ll
ingore it I guess.

Sorry to be back at you with this, but hey, it's on topic at least. (so a=
what temp do your fans begin to run, using the water temp guage to descri=
be
it, or oil temp. Do your fans run when it idles, and the engine is warm?)=

Cathy