Whose rocco does "La Cucaracha?" and other things...

My 87 8v has that one. I found it under one of the seats when I bought the
car and was like "hmm...wonder what this does?" plugged it in and
promptly unplugged it. Its now sitting in my glovebox next to the shifter light
relay. People tell me I'm very lucky to have a shifter light that works, but I
hated it, so I unplugged it. I read my bently and all it said was that one
relay (right next to the La Cucaracha Bosch) and that was all that relay did.
Last night Rick asked me if the car has run worse at all because he'd
heard that relay controlled other things too. I haven't noticed a difference,
but I'm wondering if there indeed is one that I'm missing. Then of course
came my electrically disinclined friend who wanted to know if we could get
the buzzer to make the chimes when I was supposed to shift. We were
bored :) So my question is, whats the word on Bently being lazy and not
putting everything that relay did down in the manual?

On a side note, Rick and I changed out the front right bearing last night. Its
kinda scary, I feel like the front right of my car isn't there anymore cause Its
not making that noise.  So, as always, thanks greatly to rick alexander!

Lyman
87 8v. The
tomboy