  From: Captnbr@aol.com
  To: Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 9:41 PM
  Subject: speaking of AC

  I while ago I took my rocco in to an A/C shop because it was not cold.  He said there was a blockage in the system and was most likely the Expansion Valve.  I want to get the A/C running again so I want to fix it and do the refigerent conversion at the same time.  Does anyone know where the expansion valve is let me know because Bentely was not helpfull.  Thanks  Oh and also is it just a plug and play type thing or do I need a torch to change it.

  Brian 86 16v
  98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--Boundary_(ID_I7anyPc7yU6vAoz406O02Q)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>exp valve is under the pass. side of the dash. its
a decent size, basically the only thing down there, attached in-line to one of
the lines leaving the air handler box. Its installed with fittings, but the nuts
are a decent size (~1").</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I recall getting one from discount for like 50
bucks way back when.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>side note: its almost impossible for these things
to fail, especially failing shut. the only way i could see it happening was if
the system was open-air for a long time. you should be able to rap on the thing
with something to unstick it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=Captnbr@aol.com href="mailto:Captnbr@aol.com";>Captnbr@aol.com</A>
  </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  href="mailto:Scirocco-L@scirocco.org";>Scirocco-L@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 11, 2002 9:41
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> speaking of AC</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I while ago I took my rocco in to an A/C shop because it
  was not cold.&nbsp; He said there was a blockage in the system and was most
  likely the Expansion Valve.&nbsp; I want to get the A/C running again so I
  want to fix it and do the refigerent conversion at the same time.&nbsp; Does
  anyone know where the expansion valve is let me know because Bentely was not
  helpfull.&nbsp; Thanks&nbsp; Oh and also is it just a plug and play type thing
  or do I need a torch to change it.<BR><BR>Brian 86 16v<BR>98 Jetta GLX
  Vr6</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_I7anyPc7yU6vAoz406O02Q)--