R12 ->R134a retrofitted, but I have a question

All this talk about AC has reminded me that I've been sweating my ass
off in my rocco all summer.  While I don't mind loosing some weight, I'd
be damn nice to have while I sit still in traffic from time to time.

My setup is stock OEM and from all the records the PO supplied, the AC
was never serviced.  So, what do I have to do for the conversion?  Would
it be better to just find someone with R12 and have the system serviced
with that?  I'd like all options except the one that keeps my roasting.
I did think about removing all the AC stuff, but in all reality, it's
just too damn hot here in Georgia.

So, lay it on me.  If there is hardware that needs to be replaced, what
is and where do I get it?  Can I get by without hardware replacement?
Have I asked enough questions yet?>

William
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)