OT- Drooling at the VW dealer today

> I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the W8 wagon--someone reported to some
> list that the Passat W8 requires partial engine disassembly to replace the
> O2 sensor,with a $1500 bill.Granted,if you can pay $40K + for this car,it
> may be of no consequence.However,I think that VW could have engineered this
> one a little better.What's wrong with having it on the downpipe like it has
> been?? Ken R.

  don't know if it was me or not, but that was the point i was trying to
make earlier. talking to one of the techs at work that went to school
for it said it was a nice engine and all, but he wasn't looking forward
to working on it.
  on the other hand, what does vw care what the bill is? we've all seen
the trend. $22k jettas. what happened to the peoples car? i know that
the sciroccos weren't cheap at $11k, but they were certainly a lot
cheaper than anything today (certainly cheaper than the phaeton).
depressing.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com