extended mileage oils

My understanding from Amsoil is that if you choose to extend your
intervals with their product, you must continue to change the filter
every 2500 to 3000 miles and top off.  Amsoils claim to fame was an 18
wheel rig they ran 100,000 miles using this process.  They then took the
engine apart to check wear and found nothing to indicate 100k was on it.

I know some guys that run Mobile 1 and do a complete change @ 6k mi.
intervals w/3k filter changes.  Supposedly, the oil comes out "like new".

Eric
"Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!"
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM:  OneSixV