OT- Drooling at the VW dealer today

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:12:21 -0700 (PDT), Ron Pieper
<rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:

>For me, it's only the GTI 337 that matters.  All else is dust.  What a
>car - if you can find one.  Recaros, 1.8T, 6-speed for $22 (plus insane
>markup).  Sigh.

If we have to replace my wifes 88 MB daily driver, I would give a new
GTI serious consideration.  Nice car, all the neat goodies and fast.
And now a 4 yr warranty.  I'd drive 5k short of expiration and sell it
or trade it off.  A 337 would be the one, but I'm more realistic (and
cheap).  Just load up on options and get out the door for less $.

I'm guessing most of you would take the turbo 4 over the 6 cyl
version? The 6 is heavier but I'm thinking (not driven one) either
version will feel a bit piggy compared to a 2000lb Mk I, so why fight
it? Softish sport suspension but 200hp & 6spd manual - I'm impressed
with the specs and the econobox profile is classic.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9 8V
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm