From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Tobias ><
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:21 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: When a starter goes POP ..

Ok, what I figured .. motor is shot. It didn't crank all that well to
begin
with after we swapped it in Cincy, I guess it had enough in it to get me

back here.

Guess I'm walking to work till the new one shows up.

Or, could I take the solenoid from the one and attach it to the motor of
the
other. As it is I have two starters each with problems in seperate
places.
How hard is it to get that solenoid off the thing?

Sorry for the empty post. Starters have two parts, the solenoid to
engage the starter to the flywheel and the starter motor to spin the
flywheel. My experience with your problem is that the solenoid of the
starter is working (the pop when the key is engaged and then disangaged)
but the starter isn't spinning. The pop would say that battery power is
getting to the starter and that the control circuitry is working so
either the starter isn't getting the trigger to turn or the starter
motor is bad.