BSI coilover sleeves/hypercoil springs

--- Erik Seo - The Canyons Resort <eseo@thecanyons.com> wrote:
> Anyone had any experience with the BSI coilover sleeves?  I'm looking into
> the BSI sleeves and hypercoil springs as a cheaper (and quicker) alternative
> to the ground controls.
>
> I'd appreciate any comments at all on these.

  I have the BSI setup on my mk1 with Koni Sport shocks.  The front
sleve is welded to the base of the factory strut housing (with the
factory perch removed).  I opted to have Stu do the welding for this.
Basically, I sent him two front strut housings, and he returned them
welded and painted.  I admire his work!
  I honestly don't know of the differences between BSI's
setup and the GC coilovers.  I chose BSI simply because Stu has been
using his setup with great results for years...
I liked the fact that the setup arrived at my door already welded and
ready to install.  Fitment was no problem.

  My only complaint is that this coilover setup uses no tending spring,
so if the suspension is fully unloaded the main springs have a tendancy
to not seat properly once the car is lowered back to the ground.
If I have the car jacked up, once it is being lowered I simply reach
in and line up the springs with the upper perch.
  I imagine that this would only be a problem if the car somehow was
airborn... hmmm

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v