Scirocco GTI

Hi Everybody! I'm starting on a major project with my '79 Scirocco. The
project involves swapping most of the drive train, suspension and wiring
harness from an '84 GTI I found at a local junk yard. I'm open to any and
all suggestions as to what else I should yank out of this car to complete
the job. I will of course be putting in a new clutch pressure plate and
throwout bearing,as well as a complete gasket set. But any electronic gizmos
or items unique to the GTI that I'll need, please tell me! Any tech tips
that will make the job easier would be great as well! I'm looking foreward
to your input. (Behrle Hubbuch aka. Blur)