2.0 is in!

I was told by a really knowledgeable ex VW mechanic
the following:
The manufacturers do the following procedure to
determine what is the best timing for a motor. They
plug in a vacuum meter (graduated in inches). They
find maximum vacuum by advancing the spark (turning
the distributor), then they back off the advance until
the vacuum reads maximum vacuum minus one inche.

I guess it only works with older systems, I do not
know much about Motronic systems.

But eh, it works for me...

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

Well, I just drove my car back home after the ABA