exhaust/suspension

Hey everyone, I am looking at suspension and exhaust as the next
modifications on my car. I was just wondering what suggestions anyone would
have (for the least amount of money of course).  I found H&R sport prings
for 180 without shipping costs, any opinions?  Also, I love the sound that
someone was talking about (lack of backpressure), but I don't want to damage
my engine.  I also want to flow the most air as I possibly can.  I have a
bigger throttle body/ported intake and a cut out airbox with a K&N filter,
and I'm geting a racing cam (not sure of duration or lift) and I was just in
need of opinions, so I figured I'd ask the "experts" =) Anyways, any help
would be great!  Thanks,
Bryson
1987 8v Scirocco