starter question(passat, not a 'rocco)

--part1_169.102cd197.2a5a4b2b_boundary

so here it goes.  a freind has a '91 passat, within the past few days it has
gone t--s up. thurs-  put the key in, ignition poweredup, no starter. remote
starter(I installed w/o starter kill) started it.  jumped trigger wire on
solenoid it turns.  it sat fri and sat. went to work on it today,  nothing
with the key, remote, or from jumping the starter wireat the column, the
messed up thing is that its not the ignition switch, because that still puts
12v to the wire, but at the red/blk triggerwire on the starter... nothing.
I dont have a wiring manual for a passat but would greatly appreciate any
suggestions.  if there is a relay or fuse that it passes through.   thanx

--part1_169.102cd197.2a5a4b2b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#0000a0" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Comic Sans MS" LANG="0"><B>so here it goes.&nbsp; a freind has a '91 passat, within the past few days it has gone t--s up. thurs-&nbsp; put the key in, ignition poweredup, no starter. remote starter(I installed w/o starter kill) started it.&nbsp; jumped trigger wire on solenoid it turns.&nbsp; it sat fri and sat. went to work on it today,&nbsp; nothing with the key, remote, or from jumping the starter wireat the column, the messed up thing is that its not the ignition switch, because that still puts&nbsp; 12v to the wire, but at the red/blk triggerwire on the starter... nothing.<BR>
I dont have a wiring manual for a passat but would greatly appreciate any suggestions.&nbsp; if there is a relay or fuse that it passes through.&nbsp;&nbsp; thanx </B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_169.102cd197.2a5a4b2b_boundary--