From: "Ken B" <Indiana_Red@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 3:33 PM
Subject: Wierd ! - Its a GUSHER !

So here is a strange set of symptoms.
As you may remember my 16v transplant is in and it runs but not quite right.
Idles but stumbles when I give it gas like its lean or timing is off...
Anyway.  I have been troulbleshooting the fuel pump also including removing
and reinstalling it and have been using the jumper wire on the fuse box to
get it to run untill I get fuel to come out.  I pulled the the far cylinder
injector and stuck it in a jar.  Trying to bleed air out of the lines.  Well
after nearly a min or two of total fuel pump running time, still nothing.
And this was with the airflow sensor plate gently propped up.  I go to crank
it over last night and it turns over about 1 rev. then freezes.  Wont turn
at all.  Like the block is mechanically stuck or something.  I look for a
screwdriver fallen and wedged in one of the blets etc...nothing.  So this
moringin I pull al the plugs, notice that they are all slightly tan/brown on
the tips and the one nearst the driver side is abit wet w/ fuel near the
threads.  I put a 19mm and a breaker bar on the crank pulley and it moves w
little effort.  So I reach in and turn the key and a bunch ( about a
shotglass full) of fuel shoots up from the cylinder on the drivers side
almost clear to the ceiling. !
Not sure how all that fuel pump testing could have only sent fuel to that
one injector.  Anyway time to clean up alittle  all that gas sitting in
there may have caused problems.  Maybe shoot a squirt of 30w in there to
lube it up a bit ?  Wonder how that could have caused it to sieze up.
Any theories on why i was getting no gas out the #1 but obviuosly was in the
#4 that whole time?  CIS means Continous...onthe whole "fuel rail" right?

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion "...it's working....It's WORKING...!"
tracing electrical gremlins now...
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"