[OT] Dyno chart question

Sorry, guys, the "SAE" in there means net hp, not "gross".
In other words, what the engine puts out with waterpump, alternator, air
filter, exhaust manifolds, etc. in place.
The manufactures used to advertised hp that was gross hp; no accessories on
the engine, so the numbers where somewhat inflated.
Today, they have to advertise SAE hp; all the accessories operating.
SAE need only concern you when you are comparing new cars.

Larry

>   I haven't had the need to use a dyno, so when someone at work was asking
me
> what "SAE Corrected Horsepower" meant, I had to come here and see what
anyone
> that's gone to the DynoDays could help.
>
>   TIA
> Carl