engine grinding as though broken ring, but good compression

Time to pull the pan and the valve cover and have someone spin the motor
by hand while you check things out....is it coming from the bottom end or
the top?  what side of the motor?

Eric

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport (400cc, 4 cyl, OHC 8v, 10k RPM redline *grin*)
80 Scirocco (DD duty, AGAIN)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
00 Golf GL TDI (FOR SALE!!!! Email for details)

-Kelli Fox