how much gas could a pump pump if a pump could pump gas?

> If the tech that said 300hp is
> about max that a scirocco set up can pump, then I had it totally maxed out
> already.

Your tech is wrong. CIS pumps can support well beyond 300hp. I'll dig around
a bit to find the flow rating of the pump.

> It ran rich because it was dumping more fuel in at lower rpms...not at
> higher rpms. Hence blowing chunks when the turbo spooled up.

So, the 310cc injectors were running rich at low rpms but were optimal at
high rpms??? They were undersized to begin with. So, how is this possible?
Generally speaking, the higher the rpms are the bigger the injectors that
will be needed to feed the engine. If anything, the smaller injectors should
have run properly at low rpms and then run lean at the top.

Or... here's a plausible theory. In order to make those puny 310cc injectors
flow enough fuel up top... the fuel pressure had to be raised to 4bar
(right?). Perhaps the stock ECU is incapable of controlling those
(high-resistance) injectors fast enough to maintain the right mixture. This
could emulate the negative effects of oversized injectors at low rpms.

Still, what I can't fathom is how the bigger injectors could run lean when
the smaller ones ran rich... I say that your mapping is off. I'd follow up
with whomever burnt you the chip. Before you do that, though, check your EGT
and fuel pressure. Those two readings will reveal a lot.

> So sue me for wanting to get over 300 at the wheels. :P

Nobody is suggesting that you should give up! We're just saying that the
situation that you've described is wierd all over again. Make it faster!
Hotrod the mofo! Go go go! :^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut