Changing Symptoms

I think you nailed it, Allyn.  I just ordered a new coil form Potter.  The
car does great cold and hot - as long as I don't sit in traffic.  I think
the heat off the exhaust is cookin' the coil (causing a "leak").

BTW, when I called Potter, I asked him about the non-leaking Audi oil
filler cap you mentioned.  He wanted to know "which Audi?"  He said they
(VW and Audi) are all the same unless there is a model specific one.  ??

Thanks for the post confirming my financial expenditure :)

John