Scirocco reviews now on the web...

--- UrGTI@aol.com wrote:
> I have a Dec. 1974 Car and Driver with a yellow
> scirocco on the cover and a
> full report indside.

I think I have this somewhere . . .

 Shows a few pics of early car
> differences too, the 3
> spoke wheel with holes instead of slots, one peice
> seatbacks,

just like my 1975 Sciroccos!

 no rear VW
> script only the "scirocco"

must have been a euro prototype? They all actually did
have "volkswagen" on the hatch

and also the tailgate
> lock doesnt have the little
> lift handle as part of the lock.

1978-1981 feature.

> Looks like it weighed 1892 lbs with 63.7% of that on
> the front wheels and ran
> the standing quarter in 18.1 seconds at a wind in
> your hair 75.4 MPH :)
> They pitted it against the Mazda RX2, Mustang Mach
> I, and the Opel Manta
> Rallye.

haha!

> I dont have a scanner to send it out buy you may try
> the library archives.

:-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)