Congress wants ourcars!!!!

Yes, at least there was. If it's still in effect, it's so low-profile that
we never hear about it anymore.  One guy at work was going to do it, but
when he inquired, he was told the car has to be running, registered (which
means smogged), etc.  Heck, the work-guy said, if it was runnin' I wouldn't
need to off it!
 These things always sound good to the bill's sponsor, but they just never
seem to work out......

Larry  sandiego16V

> I think if you read what's being proposed, it is NOT that 15-year old
> cars MUST be crushed, it's that they are thinking of giving incentives
> for older cars to be taken off the road...ie. you turn in an old,
> "fuel-inefficient" (ha) car, and you get some bucks.  Probably not a lot.
>
> So calm down.  They are not coming for our cars.
>
> Hey, CA dudes, isn't there something like this already in place out there?

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!