ACK! Broken new euro adjusters!!!

So I finally got around to putting my eurolight adjusters on the frames this
weekend. I ordered new adjusters from Potterman @ ~$5 each a while back and
just haven't done anything with them. Well, I grab the first, non-adjustable
one for the big light, go to twist it on and *snap, crackle, pop* the thing
breaks into 20 different pieces!?!?! WTF! So, being the dumby I am, I try
another. Same thing! ACK! $10 down the drain!  So I get to investigating and
it looks like the metal of the frames is too thick for the adjusters. What
do I do now? They frames are painted, which I'm wondering if that made the
difference... But still, I'm out $10 so far and scared to even touch those
things until I know for sure I'm not going to break another.

Help!

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus