oil light flashes

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 derrickmd18@juno.com wrote:

> I recently installed a new oil pump in my scirocco 16v.   Every once and
> a while i'm driving the oil light flashes and the warning sound comes on.
>  when i push on the gas it goes off.  I changed my oil from 5w-30 to
> 10w-30 and it still does it. does anyone know what it might be?

5w30 is WAY wrong, unless you live in alaska or something.

acording to volkswagen, oil use should be as follows:
5w30 5w20		-30 to -5 degrees F
10w30 or 10w40		0 to 60 degrees F
15w50 15w40		0 to 90 degrees f
20w50 20w40		10 to 90 degrees f
stright 40		70-110 f

My girlfiriends jetta ALWAYS had a oil buuzzer problem, then she met me &
i told her it should have 20w50, never a buzzer problem again.

take that FWIW...

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org