Scirocco-l digest, Vol 1 #25 - 174 msgs

On Behalf Of ATS -Patrick Bureau - writes
> > Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 11:39 AM
> > To: _Scirocco Mailing List; 16V Jason
> > Subject: RE: '84 special edition Scirocco sold only in CA
> > seems you are correct, from what I found the wolfy had a 16v
> > body kit not
> > the kamei kit,
> > and my research in my documents and online research seem to
> > indicate the
> > Kamei body kit first came out in 85 on Germany models and
> > then the kamei was
> > sold as an optional package on 86 in USA. Dirk can you confirm this

I remember in 1983 they had a California Special model Scirocco that had the
Kamei body kit on it. I am not sure how many years they did it. We use to get all the
replacment parts from Kamei. What was nice is they had the front spoiler in 2
styles. One for US bumpers and one for Euro bumpers. It was not made of the good
poly material like the factory 16V kit is. I was working at the dealer back then.

78 turbo Scirocco (in hibernation)
turbotim@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com