Throttle Cable

--- Ken <mcfly67@qwest.net> wrote:
> Anyone have any personal experiance rplacing one of
> these.  MK1 and 16v have
> the same issue for me.  The grommet on the firewall
> has a plastic inset or
> sleve that is flared enough on each side that it
> wont come out (in one
> piece), so I found out.  Anyway I will likely have
> to buy another one now
> but will have the same problem installing it.
> On the pedal end is the brass looking fishook thing
> that hooks on to the
> pedal.  Even this is too fat to pull through.  The
> other end has all the
> attachments for the throttle.  I broke the
> grommet/sleeve getting the 16v
> donor cable out but the original MK1 is still in
> there, nervous to try that
> one.  Any Help?
> Thanks
> Ken
> 1979 Scirocco  "McFly"

Weird, I've never had any problems removing or
installing these (I put a new one in on the '78 last
year when I put the JH in). The cable goes through the
firewall from the engine bay.

Sorry, not much help, eh?

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)