That 83 -- found pics. -- and details

Oops, that was in last nights post ...

It's in Campbell, CA ... $2000 and I'm putting in the clutchkit from
Potterman for $0.

... In case anyone didn't catch this last night:

1983 Montego Black Metallic Wolfsburg with 76,110 miles stock (~74,900 of
which were from the first owners family). California car with original
plates.

Original owner was a VW mechanic and did all the service, I therefore only
have records of replaced struts and strut bearings, and the upper radiator
hose that burst - that his daughter did after she got the car from him.

Has the usual exterior wear .. some dings and a dent in the front "spoiler"
and a couple spots of surface rust where the paint was chipped. The paint is
worn from the sun, the clearcoat is gone on the top facing surfaces .. you
can feel the metallic pigment when running your hand over the surface. Some
of the rubber seals around the doors or hatch are aged I believe .. in
really humid weather after sitting overnight I have seen moisture buildup
inside the car - not puddles but condensation like. Has a new windshield.
Sunroof works (the little button keeps falling off the crank, but it works
unlike all the other ones in my other Roccs), has radio, and the interior is
minty except for minor mods made by the PO, AC blows cold. Leather (wear on
D.S. bolster) with split rear seat. Carpet is mint. Has car cover.

I'm sure the car will need some minor service .. I haven't had time to look
into it but it runs like a champ - water temp always stable even with AC ..
idle is a little high at 1100. The clutch is worn out, but still driveable -
I use it when the 88 is acting up. I have a replacement clutch kit from
Potterman to go along with the car. It feels more solid that my 16V.