expansion tank

For what it's worth, I never had an expansion tank in my 'Roc, and I
never had any overheading problems.  Not even after many hot laps around
Summit Point during those nifty little driver's schools.  But I did have
to get a radiator cap with a pressure spigot (sp?) and run a hose to a 25
oz. Foster's can so that I could have an overflow system...

Anywho, that was my experience with a 1.7...

B.

'82 Scirocco <-- sold  :-(
'85 Jetta
'87 Porsche 944