Tranny slip kit?(experience)

--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <pbureau@attbi.com> wrote:
> alright do this "kit" will fit on an 8v (9a tranny)
> that is nice. Eeveryone
> is sending me an email to a tech note, but this does
> not tell me what it
> does.
> I can tell you to look at a tech note to install a
> TB Audi5000 on a
> Scirocco, but I am not really explaining why you
> should perform this
> modification on your car.
>
> now can someone explain, in laments terms, what
> installing this kit unto my
> tranny would add/remove/provide to the car ?
>
> thank you.
>
> Patrick

Patrick,

hmm, this has been covered many times on this list
(archives).

here's a few testimonials:

http://scirocco.dyndns.org/list/archives/1999/April/msg01832.html

http://scirocco.dyndns.org/list/archives/1999/November/msg00699.html

http://www.venommotorsports.com/reviews/Velocitydiffupgrade.html

The "factory limited slip differential" limits (a
little - not much) wheelspin when traction is
compromised (rain, snow, etc.).

The Peloquin kit is a poor man's quaife, nothing like
the excellent Quaife.

Go to the Quaife site and read this - it talks not
only about the Quaife but also discusses normal
differentials.

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/differentials/diffs.htm

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)