From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of LXVTEC@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 9:51 PM
To: thescirocco@juno.com; pbureau@home.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Tranny slip kit?(experience)

Peter,
I got it about a 2 weeks ago but have been to busy to email you. I installed
it last Wednesday and I found out mmy dust caps had popped off and was
leaking and that is why I thought my flange seals were leaking.

Patrick,
You have an 85 with a 9A and 100MM flanges which is the tranny I am using
since I had to replace the tranny in my 16V and this was the cheapest ($85
at
junkyard) and the closest available(Thanks Robert for finding it and helping
me get it).

Sead,
I notice a big difference around corners and when I launch off the line. the
car seems to pull into the corners when I am on the gasand I can take some
on
and off ramps much faster then before.

I definitely recommend it to anybody and if you install the kit use Redline.
Tranny feels much better with the Redline in it. I got the Redline from
Potterman and I recommend a new speedo cable gasket (thanks Mike for the
suggestion).

Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V
87 Scirocco 16V