OH Well... guess it was my turn...car get's busted in...petty thieves get the radio and speakers...

We may have to adopt the NYC syndrome.  That is, no more radios in our
cars.  Big sign in car "NO RADIO".

Saw news report on NYC and car radio thefts.  Cops replaced a car side
window with plexiglass or lexan and set up a hidden video camera to
watch.  You should have seen the first scum bag trying to break in.  He was
hitting the window, kicking it and throwing a brick at it. Nothing
worked.  He was getting so frustrated.  The cops must have been laughing
their asses off watching the guy.

Of note, the producers had a cop stand at a street corner about a 1/2 block
away as I recall.  Something like 90% of the citizens passing the thief and
the cop said nothing to the cop, 8% said something to the cop about the
thief.  2% warned the thief about the cop.

New Yorkers seem to accept it as a way of life.

Chris