OT: passat VR6 again

I was able to fix the problem.. i tapped a wire from a fuse in the fuse
panel and tapped it into the red and yellow power wire right next to the
connector by the fuel pump in the trunk.  This makes the car start and run
fine, so i defiantly have an intermittent short somewhere.. prolly under the
friggin carpeting somewhere.
One question i still have is what fuse can i go off from that will not make
the pump keep running after i turn off the key???  I tried the one for the
cig lighter etc.  and the radio, but both make the pump run as soon as i
plug it in, key in or out of the ignition.  what's up with that??? maybe try
the headlight fuse?
I plan to fix it the right way by finding the short, but i just want to to a
temp fix so i can beat it around a little (illegally) before its registered
or inspected ;)  Right now, i have to shut the key off, run around the
backside of the car and unplug the pump!  yikes!  If anyone has some VR6
Passat Bently wiring diagrams they could scan in for me that would be
great.. or if anyone has a cheap bently manual they want to sell me i would
be much obliged!