OT: passat VR6 again

Hello,

Well, i have finally picked up my '93 VR6 wagon, 64k, with a brand new fuel
pump. I had it running, then it just kinda died so i ended up trailering it
home. When i got it home, i checked the fuses.. blew the fuel pump fuse,
replaced it, then tried to start it.. pop! i did this a few times then took
a brake.
I went back a little while later and tried another fuse, this time the car
starts and runs fine, i let it idle for a good half hour with no probs. then
i go to take it for a test beat and i get about a mile away from myt house
and the stupid fuse pops and i loose power. Then it goes back to poping
every fuse i put in it. Anyone have any idea what might be happening? I dont
have a VR6 bently adn cant afford to buy one to look at the wiring diagrams
at the moment so any info regarding the wiring to the fuel pump would be
helpful.
I guess im wondering why its blowing fuse after fuse, if i let it sit for a
while it will start and run fine, then it almost seems like when it warms
up? that it will start poping fuses again??? Im pretty sure that it is
probably just a chaifing wire somwhere, but i figured i would ask you
guies/gals in case it is some common problem/funny thing that these cars do.
Other than this funny problem, i see nothing else wrong with this car from
the short test drive i was able to do in it.
_______