Stolen Hi-Fi Components

Seems that allot of rocco's are getting broken into for Hi-Fi
components.  Be it the Alpine complete system or the kraco K-mart
special.  Most of these thefts are resulting in torn out door handles or
broken glass that's hard to replace.

What would be the chance of making new windows out of Lexan (sp?)/
bullet proof glass.  I know in the past it was very difficult, but today
we aren't looking to stop a bullet, but deter some 15 year old
punk-asses from swiping what we've worked hard for.  I think if we
replaced the side windows with lexan it could stop allot of break-ins so
long as we also use the armor door plates.  I haven't looked in a long
time, but how expensive is lexan?  would it be more money then it's
worth?  Just some thoughts since I know some of the glass is getting
hard to find and the rubber for it as well.

William Snyder
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)

88' Scirocco 16v (the void)