From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of David Hellekson
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 12:31
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Lemonade from lemons=Quaife

Howdy All,

OUCH! I wasn't planning on this upgrade, but the diff
decided to take a dump. It didn't let loose,(I
upgraded the bolts in the diff the last time) it just
plain wore out. It was bad enough that I'm lucky it
didn't leave me standed on the side of I-94 in the
snow.

We took my 4K tranny apart, do or die, so I went for
it. Blitzen is now sporting a Quaife as well as a
better Velocity sort clutch disc for a better match to
the lightened flywheel.

All I can say is...amazing. For all those not sure if
they should put one on their wish list...All the power
in the world is NOTHING if you can't get it to the
ground. Lifetime warranty too!  BTW, best traction I
ever had in the snow.

Now the plan outline begins for even more(non
boosted)power...dreaming of the Badger 5, but I need
time to recover from this one.

Dave
88 Techtonics 2.0 16v