Fiberglass Hoods

1st it was Chris:

then Dave Ewing wrote:

> I, myself, have so much wheel spin that I don't understand why you would
> want to remove more weight from the front of your already light car.  I
> actually make fun of the Honduh guys that put the carbon fiber hoods on
> because they are taking weight off of the drive wheels.  Why does Front
> engine, Front wheel drive even work?  Because the engine is in front, just
> like the Beetle's rear engine rear wheel drive--traction galore!!  Like I
> said, this is only my opinion!!
>
> Dave

Dave, I would think you have one of your fronts spinning, right? This is
what the quaifes and other mods (I forget the 'palanquin' brand) do for
you. (Hey I could be wrong in your case but not in every case, eh?)

- Reducing weight is good,
- Increasing grip is good,
- Increasing grip via increasing weight?  I don't like it.

Besides the weight reduction being in the front it's also up high, well
mid, so that's a (slightly) good thing.

Seems a stiff but light roof, lead in the door sills (violation of one
of my basic laws but), wheels that weigh a pound each and stiff
spring/shocks w/ light roll bars would be ideal.

TBerk
Damn, the Raiders lost in OT. How'd that happen?