removing the a/c

It's funny, on my 80 and the gift 82, there is a HUGE steel reinforced
bracket running from the AC compressor to somewhere on the
transmission.  My 86 actually had a fairly light weight bracket (at
least it seemed light as I pitched it in the dumpster).  I don't have
power steering either, so yes, my car is now part fox.  Come to think of
it, it was an 85 fox I got the parts from.  Can I be on your page now?