oil temp gauge differences

Okay, I replaced the original oil temp gauge with another VDO (from an audi
4k perhaps?).  The gauge has the numbers that match the ones on the speedo,
I'm not sure of model numbers or anything.  I have the other gauges to match
it as welll (oil pressure and voltage).

My question is, does this gauge use the same sending unit as the old one?
Because it looks like the scale is different, and I think it reads higher
than the old one.  I don't think the oil temp is 120 all the time.

Thanks,
Joe