[tech] swaybar question

Dan,

I was checking with etka before I mentioned the same thing you just did...
if an 8v and 16v share the same front sway bar (and it does according to
etka)
if I change the rear swaybar of the 8v (20.4mm) for a 16v swaybar (24mm)
then my car should drive like a 16v, No? so stiffer in the rear on tight
turns (shich I never rally do anyways) but I would gain stability by the
bigger bar preventing the 8v chassi from swinging as much (as it does more
than the 16v anyways).

But you stated the rear end MIGHT at higher speeds want to come around the
front more than the 8v currently does? for some reason this does not seems
like a correct answer,but if a bigger bar is bad on an 8v why would it be
good on an 16v, and why would all aftermarket swaybar makers, create
25mm/28mm (front/back) upgrades for the MKII 8v and 16v alike scirocco's ???

opening a can of worms.. and I want to know why.

Patrick