Quick Question

i thought it was the exhaust valves because if the barring is gone, the
piston would move slightly more than it should. i figured it slapped the
valves on the exhaust stoke. the engine was frozen for a while, but i got it
running again. it starts right up but has that God aweful tapping (more like
banging) sound. i can move the crank with a ratchet so the journal is not
against the cylender wall. thanks everyone who is/has been helping me out on
this!

-Craig

"Nightmare" '88 16v (soon to be G60 Turbo!!)