[tech]: idle specs on a 2.0L 16v cis-e?

At 05:10 PM 1/17/2002, Michael Abatzis wrote:
>are the idle specs (specifically fuel mixture current/idle speed) the same
>for a 2.0L 16v with cis-e as the original 1.8? i can make an argument for
>both sides...
>-michael

Idle speed is, I believe, the same.
Fuel mixture should be no different in either case.  A CIS-E system should
require absolutely no modification when lifted from a 1.8 and popped onto a
2.0... as I just did with my 1.8 -> 2.0 swap using my original intake
manifolds, etc.

The reason being that CIS delivers fuel based on air flow.  The more air
flow, proportionally more fuel.  The 2.0 will draw more air at idle than
the 1.8, but the mixture should be the same.  Since differential pressure
current changes the mixture for any given air flow, there's no reason why
the current should be any different than it is with the 1.8 -- I know of no
reason why the 2.0 would need a richer/leaner mixture than the 1.8,
especially considering their similar design.

The idle stabilizer valve will keep idle at the same value that the 1.8 was
(+-900rpm IIRC).  It might have a higher duty cycle (be open more often)
since the car needs more air/fuel to idle; so an adjustment of the throttle
air bypass might be in order.  But I made no changes on my injection after
I installed the 2.0 and it runs perfectly.

YMMV, but it shouldn't. :)
Jason