intake manifold coatings.

> OK, here is a question:   aside from the obvious thing to do which is
> send my manifold pieces out to JETHOT, is there a CHEAPASS thermal
> coating or spraypaint type coating for intakes out there?

Actually, Jethot's stuff is more of a cosmetic excercise than a hardcore
thermal treatment. If you want the real stuff, then you should check out
Swain Technologies. <www.swaintech.com> I realize that this didn't answer
your question. :^) However, you can look at their price list (online) and
decide whether or not they're expensive. I can tell you this much, though,
their stuff works!

I've run nearly 14lbs boost in my 9.5:1 CR Mazda with stock engine
management. I got no pinging at all. That was after thermal barrier treating
my piston tops and the combustion chamber. I'm considering doing that to my
Scirocco's 2.0l 16v motor to ease my worries when I squeeze. Yeehah!

P.S. I don't believe there are *any* viable thermal treatments that come out
of a spray can.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut