Replacing a self adjusting clutch cable

i like my SA cable. i also like my hydraulic lifters, dammit! i got enough
things on this car that need screwin with.  however, having done this far
too many times in the past 6 mo, the sa is a PITA to deal with if you do
need to do something with it and need to reset it. plus they're expensive.
if i had to replace it, i'd probably go with the manual too.

-michael