winter projects, possible eng swap

  My 77 has been getting more attention lately, since the MD Ice Age seems to
be the acid dreams of local weather forecasters.
  It may finally be getting a 1.8 from a Fox within the next week or so. I
found an ad for an 87 Fox near me that doesn't run due to a "fuel filter
problem". Yes, the owner said fuel filter. They're asking $75 OBO. I could go
with fixing the no-run problem (ohhh, CIS-E, so hard! HA!) and give my wife
her own Fox, but I need the motor for my Rocco! If the doner has a 5-spd,
it's going into the Fox I already have, along with the AC compressor if it's
in good shape. Also thinking of scrapping the wiring harness for the Rocco as
well.
  Going this route would save me $400 approx. on both cars, all depends on
what I find out checking over the motor tomorrow.

Carl
77rocco
89fox