New to list and have a tech question

So,
I didn;t label my connectors very well and the oily wires didnt stay labeled
well either.  I have a few of those spring clip type connectors left w/o out
a home.  I think I have found that the color of the clip matches the color
of where it is supposed to go.  So far it has worked that way and it cant be
cooincidence.  Bently has ben a good help but I am a bit stuck on a few
still.
For instince, about a 6" length from the firewall are 2 of them.  A blue
2-pin conector - red/blk  and  grn/white
And a black 2 pin connector that has a Blu/wht and Brn
Ths could only reach the TB area as the leads are less that a foot long.
All the connections I can find around that area are taken up by other
"plugs" correctly Im pretty sure, but even still it's like I have a few more
harness connectors than connection points on the engine.
If anyone can decipher my ramblings and has a hint or 2 let me know.
I think I may post a seperate trouble shooting page on my website with links
for questions I have.
Thanks
Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"