hubs

While changing my front bearings I noticed one of my hubs had some serious wear.  This is
the first time I've come across such damage, and am wondering if I was just lucky in the
past, or is this common?  Would the damage result from improper installation of the
bearing, or normal wear?  The reason I ask is I'm wondering if a junkyard hub would be a
good option?  I'm trying to save some money here, but also don't want to go through this
the next time I have to replace that bearing...

Thanks,

Mark.

81 S.

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca