Need a fuel system part and some info on it.

I have an '87 16v and I don't have anything that sounds like what the other
listers are describing (or you, for that matter).  I do have
a  transversely mounted cylindrically shaped fuel accumulator held in place
by one large rubber mounted clamp at the end.  The output of the main pump
runs to it (via a banjo fitting).  The output of the accumulator runs to
the fuel distributor.

John
87 16v